PRIVACY AND COOKIE NOTICE
This website ("the Site") is operated by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. ("Teva") and its affiliates. You can view a list of all the Teva affiliates at the following website: http://www.tevapharm.com. Teva is referred to in this privacy notice as “we”, “us” and “our.”
Scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to personal data we collect through the Site. It describes how we use your data and your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “How we store your information and your rights” section.
Our Site may include links to other websites over which we have no control. Teva is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. We may also link to other websites operated by Teva or Teva’s affiliated companies which operate under separate privacy policies. If you access these websites via our Site, you should review the privacy policies of those sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information we collect
We may collect personal data about you when you use our Site or use our Services. In most cases, you will provide this information yourself by choosing to send your details to us. Depending on the services you use we may collect the following information from you:
● e-mail address;
● contact telephone number;
● IP address;
● Web behaviour (in aggregate);
● Content preferences e.g. websites and event topics
In addition, Teva may automatically collect information about the website that you visited before you came to our Site and any website you visit after leaving our Site. Teva also collects information on the parts of the Site you visit, the type of browser you use and the times you access the Site. However, this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you.
How we use your information
We process the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
● with your consent to:
○ provide you with information on Teva’s business activities, products or services
○ respond to your queries or other correspondence you have submitted through the Site
○ place cookies and similar technologies, as described below
● to allow us to pursue our legitimate business interests, in particular to:
○ analyse the use of our Site in order to continuously improve content and measure performance
○ optimize and tailor the use of our Site and our communication to you
You can find more information regarding Teva's legitimate interest balancing test by contacting Teva’s Data Protection Office at EUprivacy@tevaEU.com
● to meet legal, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and compliance requirements, in particular to respond to requests for information from government authorities.
Sharing your personal data
Teva may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients (in all cases, only when necessary to fulfil their functions):
● our staff (including employees and external consultants), professional advisors and agents;
● other functions and companies in the Teva group of companies worldwide such as Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. in Israel, Teva Pharmaceuticals Europe B.V., Teva Croatia (PLIVA HRVATSKA), and Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc, who provide IT support, IT hosting and other group services such as HR, Finance and other support;
● third party service providers which process your personal data on behalf of Teva and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep your personal data confidential and appropriately secure, such as (i) hosting companies (hosting our online platforms), (ii) technology / marketing tool companies (helping us manage our customers and deliver messages), (iii) analytics companies (helping us improve the experience) and (iv) event companies (helping us manage events);in the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, potentially our advisers, any prospective purchaser’s advisers and any new owners of the business and third parties (and their advisors) with whom we merge with or acquire in future.
● government authorities (including tax authorities), regulatory agencies and law enforcement officials, if required for the purposes specified above, if mandated by law, or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Cookies and related tracking technologies
Teva uses the following categories of cookies on the Site:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for (such as remembering your login details) cannot be provided, and the Site would be unable to function. The use of such cookies does not require your consent.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information on how people use and interact with the Site. We use these cookies to help us understand how users arrive at the Site, browse or use the Site and highlight areas where we can improve such as navigation, user experience and marketing campaigns. Where these are used in emails we use them to understand whether an email was opened, clicked on or sent to spam, time stamps of the above actions, and what device was used. This helps us to understand your level of interest and engagement with the information we send to you. The data collected can be combined with other data we collect to improve how the Site works and the quality and relevance of the information we sent to email recipients. For example we use Google Analytics to better understand how users use the Site. If you don’t want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install this Google add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en_GB.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember choices you make (such as language choices). These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to the Site more tailored.
Category 4: Social Media Cookies
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or "like" button on our Platforms, or when you engage with our content on or through a social site such as LinkedIn or Twitter. These cookies collect information about your social media interaction with the Site, such as whether or not you have an account with the social media site and whether you are logged into it when you interact with content on the Site. This information allows us to tailor and target our advertising and marketing activities. Please see the "Third Party" section below for more information on social media platforms placing cookies on our Sites.
Category 5: Email tracking
We will also collect information using web beacons, which give us an indication of the usefulness of the emails we send to you such as whether an email was opened, clicked on or sent to spam, time stamps of the above actions, and what device was used.
We may combine this information with your personal identifier to personalise our messaging to you through our sales reps, emails, mobile or web channels and evaluate the quality of our messaging to you, customer research and benchmarking.
If you would like to avoid web beacons all together in your emails, you may refer to your settings in your email reader program and disable the functionality that enables remote images to load and by refraining from clicking on links.
● Google Analytics
Managing these technologies:
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you would like to avoid cookies (web beacons) in your emails, you may refer to your settings in your email reader program and disable the functionality that enables remote images to load and by refraining from clicking on links.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies (or disabling future cookies) you may not be able to access certain areas or features of Sites.
We keep information collected from cookies for a maximum of 6 months.
How we store your information and your rights
We retain all the information we gather about your interactions with Teva. Your information will be retained for two years, or as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
You may be entitled under applicable law to ask Teva for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase or restrict its processing, or to ask us to transfer some of this information to other organisations. You may also have rights to object to some processing. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate we have a legal requirement to process your personal data.
Where you have consented to the processing of your data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
To exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact us. If you live in Europe, please contact us at EUPrivacy@tevaeu.com. For all other regions, please contact us at IL_Privacy.Tevail@teva.co.il.
We hope that we can satisfy any queries you may have about the way in which we process your personal data. If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data, you can get in touch with Teva’s Data Protection Office by contacting us. If you live in Europe, you can contact us at EUPrivacy@tevaeu.com. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to the data protection authority in the location in which you live, work or believe a data protection breach has occurred.
Teva operates internationally and will transfer your information to countries outside your own country and outside the European Economic Area, including to Teva in Israel and the United States. When transferring your information to Israel, Teva relies on the European Commission’s adequacy decision with respect to the transfer of data from the European Union to Israel; when transferring to other countries outside the EEA, Switzerland, UK, Teva generally relies on EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses. Information on the relevant mechanism can be provided upon request to EUprivacy@tevaEU.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Notice may change from time to time. Teva will place an updated version of the Notice on this page and may otherwise communicate changes as appropriate.
Effective: September 2020